Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Found Inspiration.... in a pillow design...yes once again :)


Before I start sharing the inspiration behind this card and the mixed media I used to create it....

I want you to know that as a SU! Demo I am one of their ultimate fans for the quality of their  paper, matching everything  and their ability to stay on top of all the color/innovation trends.... and that is why I strive to continue to be a demo.... abeit "hobby demo"

BUT ~~~ as the "wanna-be" artist since I can remember, that I did ultimately go to school for.... but is was never was in my future as a career.  How I got into what I am going being one, was never in the cards (pun intended) now is another story, but not worth telling as it is a huge ZZZZ fest  From Millan.Net.

I found this adorable pillow with a beachy Seahorse theme and kno I wanted to make a card with a similar design.




 
This is what I came up with.... I liked it :)


 
 
I hand drew the seahorse from looking at the downloadable PDF pattern in the website, fussy cut it out and used the surrounding paper as a template/stencil.  For the background I used the SU! bone folder to make "waves."
 
Set: Retired Word Set
 
Paper: is Pacific Point and Whispher White
 
Inks: Non-SU! Faber Castille Gelatos, the reason the for the intro to this post, is because I couldn't wait to try this new (to me) medium.
 
Accessories:  Dauber and non-SU! brads
 
I think I will make this card again in the future and have already matched the SU! colors I can use to for the same effect.
 
Thanks for Yappin' bout Stampin' with me
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment