Tuesday, December 18, 2012


Happy Holidays!

I have been playing Santa since the beginning of November or so it seems!  Now it is time to sit back and enjoy the season and catch up on some posts. 

Although I loved most of the Christmas sets in this years Holiday Catalog, this is the first one that caught my attention.  Wonderous Christmas is just so sweet and emulates the vision of children clammering to be with big jolly man in the red suit and cherry-red cheeks.  But, I didn't purchase it until much later because, honestly, was intimidated by all the detail and wasn't sure if I would even use it.
After awhile I decided to give it a shoot and this is what I came up with:



 
 
Set: Wonderous Wishes
Paper: Ridinghood Red, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede and Candelight Specialty DSP
Ink: Ridinghood Red, Chocolate Chip, SU! Markers, Blender Pens
Acceessories:  Woodgrain BG stamp, Stripes Folder and Holiday Frame Folder
 
It did take me some time to color this and when I was done, I was still not happy with it but will try again next year.  I only made one of these cards so there is only one original.  I must say that I must have seen the striped folder before, because when I posted this card on SCS I saw another card using it as well, so I must have cased that part of the card.
 
Hope you enjoy this card.... I do.
 
Yappin' bout Stampin'
Lisa
 
 
 
 
 

 



 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! Such a darling card. I love the image, and can see why it would take awhile to color. I am loving the cat! Looking forward to seeing what else you are working on. Enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I think it came out so cute!! I know what you mean about the detail though-sometimes I look at a stamp and want it and then realize I don't want to do all the work of coloring it in.

    ReplyDelete